Cabel.Cabel.

The Most Intense Gamer Ever

There's a lot of photocopied flyers stapled on the telephone poles of Hawthorne Blvd here in Portland. The average diameter of each pole has literally extended by several KinkoInches advertising the inevitable weekend shows of Sidewalk Stalk, Dov's Houseboy, Korandom, I Don't See You But I'll Always Feel You, Emissionary Physician, Cedar Oak and Pine, Forebread, and other bands I just made up.

But one flyer, placed somewhat low with hand lettering even an indie band couldn't improve upon, caught my eye. You may be confused but not for long.


Jackoroma3 tells me that he's 14 years old, that he "likes food, likes creating websites, likes going on vacation", and has been gaming for five years.

He also has a website that pushes the limits of iWeb, offering Runescape advice that's surprisingly applicable to the real world ("GETTING ENOUGH MONEY IS NOT EASY JUST WORK HARD!") and self-critiques of his many, many videos ("PROBLEMS WITH GAME: (1) not a very good game").

Although I may not totally appreciate the videos — I know I would if I was 14 and played Runescape — I think there's something deeply, anachronistically beautiful about advertising a YouTube channel on a telephone pole.

Jackoroma3, I salute you.

Next time: the Japanese mystery cafe

22 Comments:

This made me giggle, and kinda warm. To know people like this exist restores my faith in humanity in a weird way. :) Awesome post, once more!
Anonymous Harry Harrison 6/16/2009 2:51 PM  
Well he lets you use the layout you prefer for his homepage, which is pretty WEB 2.0 and awesome, at least better than facebook.
Blogger Unknown 6/16/2009 2:58 PM  
I really enjoyed reading his extensive list of rules for the site: http://www.jackoroma3.com/Site_2/rules.html

A very creative range of punishments for various infractions. He's thought of everything!
Blogger Allan W. 6/16/2009 5:49 PM  
Mind boggling. Future grassroots marketing genius?
Anonymous Sebastiaan de With 6/17/2009 9:34 AM  
My personal favorite is rule #3: always enjoy the website. :)
Anonymous Anonymous 6/17/2009 3:08 PM  
Jackoroma3 really understands the advertising concept of getting the name Jackoroma3 into the promotional material as much as possible. Thumbs up for Jackoroma3 for being such a Jackoroma3 supporter. Jackoroma3.
Blogger Anne & Marc 6/22/2009 4:09 AM  
A 14 year old can have such an advertising talent? Amazing. I like the new way to promote your profile and online presence. Thanks Cabel for this information.
Anonymous party favors and planning 9/29/2009 3:55 AM  
thank you for your great posting.
Well that was a nice post
Anonymous affiliate 2/01/2010 8:30 PM  
Hey its me jackoroma3, this is awesome, btw srry the site isnt up ill tell you when its up again
Anonymous Anonymous 2/15/2010 2:28 AM  
You've tell me something important for more concern 'bout this...great share and I really like this, and now I think Jackoroma3.com already registered by my friend...
Anonymous Hommy 5/30/2010 8:16 AM  
Nice post.., just curious with Jackoroma3... :)
Anonymous miya 5/30/2010 8:17 AM  
Jackoroma3, what is runescape account? what the heck does that mean?:)
Anonymous essays 6/11/2010 1:53 AM  
Jakoroma3 I owe you for that. I am very much agreeing with them you’re the most intense gamer ever. I had also a niece who knows a lot about computers. I thought he’s already the most intense gamer but I heard about this article and they proved me that you are really the most intense gamer ever. Keep it up. I salute you.
Anonymous Kids Pool 2/15/2011 12:08 PM  
I had heard already this most intense gamer from my friend and I couldn’t believe it. However, when I find this blog I was really shocked, a 14 years old boy could do a lot of things regarding computers. Wow! It is really amazing. I myself could actually make do such things but at the early age? I don’t think so. Jackoromana3 I owe you for that.

casio px130
Anonymous Anonymous 2/16/2011 12:51 AM  
Great information. I enjoyed reading this post very much. Could you please explain what runescape is about? Much appreciated
Anonymous casio ctk 2100 3/31/2011 3:22 AM  
fantabulous:)
Anonymous college papers 4/22/2011 5:21 AM  
Really heart-warming post. Way to go!

cool photo restoration test
Blogger Daven 6/24/2011 6:26 PM  
Really heart-warming post. Way to go!-Zara Leisure Shoes for less
Anonymous Anonymous 7/26/2011 7:08 PM  
I will surely give it a try. Thanks for the method.
Anonymous arginine 8/01/2011 7:47 AM  
Useful post. We look forward for the next. Thanks.
Anonymous Excellent Article Submission 12/07/2011 11:45 PM  
Beautiful writings. Good thinking. Keep going. Thanks.
Anonymous World Directory Submission 12/11/2011 10:17 PM  
Nice article. Unique thinking. Thanks.
Anonymous World Directory Submissions 12/11/2011 10:18 PM  

Post a Comment

 
 
 
   

   
       
 
 
 
   
Name:Cabel Maxfield Sasser
Job:Co-Founder, Panic Inc.
Location:Portland, OR
Email: